The name is a twist on the restaurant chain called Tastee-Freez. Pastee-Freez is a paste based restaurant chain. For my project I created a series of GIFs that are over on my Twitter along with a tweet with the company logo.
I created my GIFs using Giphy and I created the logo using Gimp. I tried to stay close to the original logo but change it to fit the fictional company. I changed the ice cream cone to a tube of ice cream paste and created a letter P that resembles the style of the other letters in the logo. For my GIFs I recorded some footage around my workplace and at my house that would work for the company. As this is a fictional company I portrayed the restaurant chain to be unappealing. A restaurant chain based on paste isn’t the most pleasant idea so I wanted the company’s media to reflect that.
This week I was tasked with creating a mini documentary. For my interview I got in contact with a friend of mine who knows someone who has just become an ambassador for the college of education at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS. She was glad to help me with this assignment and share what being an ambassador is about.
This week of tasks was pretty simple. The planning of my mini documentary is going pretty well and I think it will turn out well. The video assignments this week were a good refresher on video editing and worked well to help familiarize me with new video editing software. Overall, this week went well.
This week I have been tasked with creating a mini documentary. So far I have found my subject and have scheduled to meet with them. I am currently working on compiling questions to ask them during the interview. I think the project will turn out well.
This week was a time consuming one. Me and the rest of the class are getting ready to put together an online radio show. Along with starting the work on the radio show we were also tasked with creating a poster or graphic for the show and completing a few audio assignments. Audio editing is still proving to be a bit difficult because I still haven’t figured out how to use Audacity to its full potential so the editing process is one that has been taking a lot of time. Despite that, I think the class and I should be able to put together a good show by next week.
For the radio show, the members of the class have been working using Microsoft Teams. Using this app we can easily communicate and share our progress. We have thrown around a few ideas of how to create the show but we haven’t decided on the way we’re going to do it.
Personally, I have created a commercial that can be used in the radio show. I also have been trying to work out how we might do a podcast style conversation for the radio show.